Morton Visuals photography has launched new video production services! We’re excited about the new opportunities – providing not only still photography for businesses, but videos that tell more of a story. Our video production is focused on better explaining your value to your (potential) customers.
“A photo is worth a thousand words,” but a video can show people. You can communicate to your customer — or your potential customer — in your own voice. Not only can you use video to show what you do, but you can show how you do it. Those behind-the-scenes shots reinforce your message, and help people more closely identify with your brand. But that’s just part of the equation.
How popular is video in today’s society? Check out these statistics:
- The Digital Marketing Institute states that the world watches 1 billion hours of YouTube video every day, according to TechCrunch.
- Marketing Charts shows that people will spend 100-minutes per day watching videos next year.
- Cisco, the company that routes the Internet, forecasts that 80% of all Internet traffic will be video by 2021.
- Cisco further projects that 13% of Internet traffic will be live video — easy to believe the the popularity of Zoom in the COVID-pandemic era. (TIP: stay tuned to this blog for our next big reveal!)
- A whopping 81% of businesses are already using some video content in their marketing, according to Hubspot.
Sound overwhelming? The sheer numbers certainly look that way. But why should you consider using video as part of your marketing strategy?
- Social Media Today discovered that 90% of consumers state that a video will help them make a purchasing decision. That’s pretty impressive!
- You can state your message in your own voice, which usually inspires more trust. Our prior blog article on the Acquisition of Photography for your Business included a statistic that customers are 1/3 more likely to purchase based on an ad showing a real person rather than a stock model. So believability matters!
- Google now owns YouTube, effectively owning the #1 and #2 search engines in the world. So do you think Google loves video? Take a look at search results, and see how many video thumbnails are displayed now for most any search query.
- Videos allow you to capture viewers’ interest faster, and keep them on your website longer. That would seem to be a goal for your website, wouldn’t it?